UCSF's nexus for team-based learning, clinical simulation, telemedicine education, and multimedia creation and delivery.
Who Can Use the TLC?
The TLC is available to UCSF students, faculty and staff to support educational activities across the curricula and training programs. UCSF faculty and staff may book activities utilizing the diverse resources in the TLC.
The TLC supports curricular activities that use simulation, technology-enhanced small group learning, computing lab, or presentation practice.
Simulation methods supported by the Kanbar Center portion of the TLC include:
- Mannequin and task-based activities
- Standardized patient actors
- Mock examination, inpatient, and operating rooms
- Telemedicine consultation training
Multimedia development tools and support from the Learning Technologies staff are available in the Tech Commons. Flexible classrooms support team-based learning and can receive video feeds from the Kanbar Center.
Students and others have the opportunity to study, practice and learn as participants in the engaging team activities mentioned above. The TLC is designed to meet students' needs for technology-enhanced space for individual and group learning.
- Use Tech Commons computers for research and study
- Create rich media using the high-end multimedia pods
- Practice a presentation or edit video/audio in the Multi-purpose Media Room
- Work collaboratively in the two group study rooms
- Share ideas on the rolling whiteboards or use the LCD panels in the group study rooms
- Use the classrooms for additional group study space when they are not scheduled for classes